DHT Holdings, Inc. Fourth Quarter 2018 Results
HAMILTON, BERMUDA, February 6, 2019 - DHT Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:DHT) ("DHT" or the "Company") today announced:
FINANCIAL AND OPERATIONAL HIGHLIGHTS:
|USD mill. (except per share)||Q4 2018||Q3 2018||Q2 2018||Q1 2018||Q4 2017||2018||2017|
|Adjusted Net Revenue1||85.2||48.2||34.4||46.2||56.6||214.8||241.8|
|Net Income/(Loss)||12.0||(21.5) 3||(28.2)||(9.2)||(7.5) 3||(46.9)3||6.63|
|EPS - basic||0.08||(0.15)||(0.20)||(0.06)||(0.05)||(0.33)||0.05|
|EPS - diluted4||0.08||(0.15)||(0.20)||(0.06)||(0.05)||(0.33)||0.05|
|Interest Bearing Debt||967.3||935.1||856.0||764.4||786.2||967.3||786.2|
|Unscheduled off hire6||0.1%||0.1%||0.0%||0.1%||0.1%||0.1%||0.2%|
|Scheduled off hire6||3.0%||0.0%||0.0%||0.7%||0.3%||1.0%||2.0%|
- Adjusted EBITDA for the quarter of $61.3 million. Net income for the quarter of $12.0 million or $0.08 per basic share. Adjusted for a non-cash change in fair value related to interest rate derivatives of $6.2 million, the result would be $0.13 per basic share.
- The Company's VLCCs achieved time charter equivalent earnings of $34,900 per day in the fourth quarter of 2018 of which the Company's VLCCs on time-charter earned $35,000 per day and the Company's VLCCs operating in the spot market achieved $34,800 per day.
- Thus far in the first quarter of 2019, 67% of the available VLCC spot days have been booked at an average rate of $37,200 per day.
- For the fourth quarter of 2018, the Company will return $12.1 million to shareholders equal to 67% of net income adjusted for a non-cash change in fair value related to interest rate derivatives of $6.2 million. The return of capital is comprised of $5.0 million in the form of share buyback (1,228,440 shares at an average price of $4.07 per share) and $7.1 million in the form of a cash dividend. The cash dividend of $0.05 per share is payable on February 26, 2019 to shareholders of record as of February 19, 2019.
- On October 8, 2018, the Company took delivery of DHT Mustang, the last of its two VLCC newbuildings from HHI. A total of $51.4 million of debt was drawn in connection with the delivery.
- In October 2018, the Company agreed on main terms to sell DHT Cathy and DHT Sophie for $24.3 million enbloc. The vessels were delivered to the buyer in December 2018. We recorded an impairment of $3.5 million in the third quarter in connection with the sale. Outstanding debt of $8.7 million was repaid in December 2018.
SUBSEQUENT EVENTS HIGHLIGHTS:
- As of February 6, 2019 DHT has a fleet of 27 VLCCs. The total dwt of the fleet is 8,360,740. For more details on the fleet, please refer to our web site: http://dhtankers.com/index.php?name=About_DHT%2FFleet.html.
The full report can be found on the link below
1Shipping Revenues net of voyage expenses.
2 Shipping Revenues net of voyage expenses, vessel operating expenses and general and administrative expenses.
3Q3 2018 includes a non-cash impairment charge of $3.5 million related to the sale of DHT Cathy and DHT Sophie, Q4 2017 includes a non-cash impairment charge of $1.1 million and a net loss of $3.3 million related to the sale of DHT Eagle and DHT Utah. 2018 includes impairment charge of $3.5 million related to the sale of DHT Cathy and DHT Sophie and 2017 includes impairment charges of $8.5 million and net loss of $3.5 million related to sale of vessels.
4Diluted shares include the dilutive effect of the convertible senior notes and restricted shares granted to management and members of the board of directors.
5Per common share.
6As % of total operating days in period.
EARNINGS CONFERENCE CALL AND WEBCAST INFORMATION
The company will host a conference call and webcast which will include a slide presentation at 8:00 a.m. EST/14:00 CET on Thursday February 7, 2019 to discuss the results for the quarter.
All shareholders and other interested parties are invited to join the conference call, which may be accessed by calling 1 917 720 0181 within the United States, 21 03 32 01 within Norway and +44 (0) 207 192 8501 for international callers. The passcode is "DHT" or "6097691".
The webcast which will include a slide presentation will be available on the following link:
https://edge.media-server.com/m6/p/v9s9vnkx and can also be accessed in the Investor Relations section on DHT's website at http://www.dhtankers.com.
An audio replay of the conference call will be available through February 13, 2019.
To access the replay, dial 1 917 677 7532 within the United States, 21 03 42 35 within Norway or +44 (0) 333 300 9785 for international callers and enter "6097691" as the pass code.
ABOUT DHT HOLDINGS, INC.
DHT is an independent crude oil tanker company. Our fleet trades internationally and consists of crude oil tankers in the VLCC segment. We operate through our integrated management companies in Singapore and Oslo, Norway. You shall recognize us by our business approach with an experienced organization with focus on first rate operations and customer service, quality ships built at quality shipyards, prudent capital structure with robust cash break even levels to accommodate staying power through the business cycles, a combination of market exposure and fixed income contracts for our fleet and a transparent corporate structure maintaining a high level of integrity and good governance. For further information: www.dhtankers.com.
FORWARD LOOKING STATEMENTS
This press release contains certain forward-looking statements and information relating to the Company that are based on beliefs of the Company's management as well as assumptions, expectations, projections, intentions and beliefs about future events, in particular regarding dividends (including our dividend plans, timing and the amount and growth of any dividends), daily charter rates, vessel utilization, the future number of newbuilding deliveries, oil prices and seasonal fluctuations in vessel supply and demand. When used in this document, words such as "believe," "intend," "anticipate," "estimate," "project," "forecast," "plan," "potential," "will," "may," "should" and "expect" and similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements but are not the exclusive means of identifying such statements. These statements reflect the Company's current views with respect to future events and are based on assumptions and subject to risks and uncertainties. Given these uncertainties, you should not place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements represent the Company's estimates and assumptions only as of the date of this press release and are not intended to give any assurance as to future results. For a detailed discussion of the risk factors that might cause future results to differ, please refer to the Company's Annual Report on Form 20-F, filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on April 24, 2018.
The Company undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements contained in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by law. In light of these risks, uncertainties and assumptions, the forward-looking events discussed in this press release might not occur, and the Company's actual results could differ materially from those anticipated in these forward-looking statements.
Laila C. Halvorsen, CFO
Phone: +1 441 299 4981 and +47 984 39 935
DHT Q4 2018 financial report